Amazon

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

365 Days of Reading: Tip #3 - Singing? Yes, That's Literacy, Too!



Ok so Hurricane Irene kind of threw me for a loop, and I am just now getting back into my routine! I missed several days of posting BUT...I think I'll just pick up where I left off instead of scrambling to do a bunch of posts in one. So here we are at Tip #3!

Singing is a great way to build your baby's language skills - they listen closely when you use a sing-song tone, they love to smile back at you as you sing a cheerful tune, rhymes help them to learn about sounds and it introduces words into your daily 'conversation' that you might not normally use! Some of my son's favorite books as a baby were simply illustrated versions of songs.

There are lots of books based on songs to choose from, but I especially liked this series of interactive storybooks that will get your little one's hands moving, too:





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments!