Amazon

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

365 Days of Reading: Tip #1 - Reading to Your Newborn



Sometimes I go through phases where I don't update as often as I should or would like to. So today I am going to start daily posts with tips for helping your child become a reader! These posts will be called "365 Days of Reading" and I will do my best to vary the age groups to which they apply. Here we go with Tip #1: You might think that it's silly to read to a newborn baby. All they do is snuggle, eat, sleep & poop, right? Well, take advantage of all that snuggle time and read longer books to them with eye-catching, high-contrast illustrations. This will help to develop their eyesight AND their attention span. Robert McCloskey has several GREAT books that fit this type!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments!